Thursday, September 10, 2009

Full steam ahead

Still waiting to hear from two agents who have my full manuscript. This is torture. I'd rather be dipped in sugar water and left suspended upside down in a tree next to a wasp nest. Naked. Or not. Wouldn't matter, really. Not to the wasps, anyway.

So while I'm enduring the literary equivalent of Chinese water torture, I've started writing my first novel. Very different from non-fiction, this is. I've been rolling the idea around for a while, and now I'm starting to develop the characters. It's been fun, and so far, has kept me from pulling out my hair strand by strand.

I don't want to give away the premise for two reasons. 1) I don't want to know if people think it's a dumb idea, and 2) ... actually, I guess it's just the one reason.

If anyone has any connections to either E*** H*****, or J**** B***, please encourage them to contact me soon, while I still have some semblance of sanity.

1 comment:

  1. The waiting is the hardest part. There's no remedy, I'm afraid. You just have to grit your teeth and wait it out.

    Only thing I can say is to try to take your mind off it by doing something else. Sounds like you're doing that anyway with your novel. Best wishes on that.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete